Single Origin / Peru – San Fernando

This product is currently out of stock and unavailable.

Mango • Dark Chocolate • Plum & Caramel Sweetness • Long Stone Fruit Finish
San Fernando, Inkawasi District, Cusco, Peru
1800-2400 MASL

Orders received before 12pm (Monday-Friday) will be lovingly sent out the same day.

It normally takes 2-3 working days to be delivered to your door.

Free delivery for orders over £15.



Ethically sourced from sustainable farms around the world.

Quality Coffee

Uniquely flavored beans that are processed with special care.

Subscribe and Save

Sign up to a subscription
and enjoy up to 15% off every order

Single Origin Espresso Roast

Peru • San Fernando

The coffee plantations are located under the snowy Choqesafra valley of the Inkawasi district. These coffees are made up from two Cooperatives Valle Incahuasi and Cooperativa San Fernando.

Together the group encompasses 1000 members who on average handle 1.50 hectares of coffee, with a productivity of 20qq / hectare. This equates to about 20 bags of green coffee per farm each harvest. The quality of the coffees from this region is well known and in 2020 one of their producers from Incahuasi placed 1st in the Cup of Excellence with a washed geisha lot. They also  had two more producers in the top 10 this year as well.

In each area there is a centralized processing plant where cherry coffee is collected in addition to pulping, fermentation, washing, drying and temporary storage, to later be transferred to the central warehouse, where sampling and physical and sensory evaluation are carried out by the quality analyst.

The coffees come from four regions of San Fernando, Pacayamba, Amabamba and Apaylla and the processing is controlled by the Cooperativa Incahuasi. The majority of the cherry comes from the San Fernando are who produce about 60 – 70% of the total volume. The process is carried out with good control of a harvest with selective picking and separation of the cherry at the first step. Coffee is then cleaned and washed before being placed on raised African style drying beds. From here the coffee is laid thinly to start with to get the skin drying phase done where the moisture will reduce from 55-60% down to 25 – 30%. This stage helps to prevent the spoiling of the coffee and any chance of defects. From here the coffee then takes around 28 days to dry with regular turning on the beds each hour to create consistency and uniformity. Once it has reached 10% moisture the coffee is stored in the warehouse to rest and be cupped and categorized. The natural process is also good for the environment, reducing the need for water that can contaminate local water sources as well as the need for energy to power mechanical driers. All the drying of these
coffees is done using the natural warmth and heat of the sun.

You may also like...

Shopping Basket
Scroll to Top

Your Cookie Preferences

Welcome to

Curious Roo uses cookies, including third-party cookies, for functional reasons, for statistical analysis, to personalise your experience, offer you content that targets your particular interests and analyse the performance of our advertising campaigns.

You can either accept these cookies by clicking “Accept and Continue”, or click “More Info” for more information on how we use cookies.